I successfully fought the urge to eat out again tonight and instead bought hella groceries for the same amount I would've spent sitting at the bar. Yay me nshit *flame emoji*.
So for your feasting pleasure, here's a super quick recipe to set your night on fire. *another flame emoji*
1-2 salmon filet portions that are about 1-1.5 inches thick
6 cloves of garlic cut into large chunks
3/4 cup of half and half
4 tbsp of butter
1 lemon, juice and zest
1/2 cup of chopped kale
1/2 tsp of salt and pepper plus a pinch to season the salmon
1 tsp of fresh chopped parsley
1 tbsp of light cooking oil plus a drizzle for the salmon
1. Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once warm, add your garlic and butter. Reduce the heat to your lowest setting and let it cook for about 15 min.
2. Remove the garlic from the oil and whisk in the heavy cream, 1/2 of the lemon juice, all zest, parsley and the salt and pepper. Reheat the sauce to a simmer.
3. While the sauce simmers, add in your kale and cook it until it wilts and turns bright green. Adjust the seasoning to taste if necessary. Remove from the heat.
4. Heat a saute pan over medium/high heat with a healthy drizzle of oil. While it's heating, season your salmon with salt and pepper.
5. Just before the oil begins to smoke, add in your salmon flesh side down. Cook it until the salmon is no longer bright pink about halfway through the thickest part. Reduce the heat to medium. Flip the salmon to skin side down and cook it just until there is no more visible bright pink flesh and immediately remove the pan from the heat. Total cook time: about 2 min per side.
6. While the salmon is hot and still in the pan, squeeze lemon juice over it and top it with the creamed kale. Serve it over your fave rice or pasta and get it lit 🔥