I have a guilt-free pasta recipe in my current cookbook "Trill Prep". I recently got the inspiration to remix it and make it better without using any "cheat code" ingredients this time lol.
This shit is so creamy and dreamy no one will believe it's vegan. Kinda like me, which works since I'm not vegan.
I hope you find it to be as lit as I did. Enjoy!
1 can of Chaokoh brand coconut milk (yes you can sub but I wouldn't suggest it unless it has the same consistency, you can find it at international markets)
1/2 of one lemon (zest and juice)
1 bundle of mung bean noodles prepared, save 3/4 cups of the water once cooked (you can also sub angel hair)
1/2 cup of mushrooms from the easy peasy tortellini recipe
1/4 cup red onions
1/4 cup of chopped tomatoes
1 cup of chopped kale
1 tsp of honey
1 heaping tbsp of chopped garlic
1/2 tsp of sea salt, add more to taste
1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
1 tbsp of cooking oil
1. Heat the pan you cooked your mushrooms in back up to med/high with the oil.
2. Add in the tomatoes, red onions, salt and pepper. Cook the veggies until they start to turn slightly brown around the edges.
3. At this point, add in your coconut milk and garlic.
4. Squeeze in the lemon juice, add the zest and the pasta water with the honey and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken. About 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the chopped kale and mushrooms and simmer with the sauce until heated through and the kale is wilted.
6. Toss the sauce with your pasta and bon dab(étit).