Curry Chickpea Tacos
You can never have too many tacos. Hence why I'm doing another post about them a month later lol. You can also never have too many bowls of curry chickpeas, because hello? Cheap, delicious and the leftovers are fuego.
Is there really a more dynamic duo? Check out the recipe below...
3/4 cups of sauteéd sliced crimini mushrooms (I used the portobello steak recipe from Trill Prep)
3/4 cups of chopped curry chickpeas with most of the sauce drained (I used the Masala Chickpea recipe from Trill Prep)
3 cups of fresh chopped kale
1 lemon (juice and zest)
2 cloves of chopped garlic
1/4 cup of chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup of chopped white onion
1 tsp of agave or honey
1 tsp of fresh parsley
1 tsp of olive oil or avocado oil
1 tsp of salt and pepper
5 mini corn tortillas
1 cup of water in a small bowl
1. Heat a sauté pan over med/high heat. Dip each tortilla into the bowl of water for 2 seconds then place it in the pan. Cook each tortilla until lightly charred on each side. Set them aside.
2. Wipe out your pan and reheat it with the oil over med/high until just before it begins to smoke.
3. Add in your kale, half of the lemon juice and zest, half of the salt and pepper, half of the agave/honey and half the garlic. Cook until the kale is wilted but still bright green. About 30-45 seconds. Remove from the heat.
4. In a bowl, mix your tomatoes, onions, parsley, the rest of garlic, plus the rest of your salt, pepper, lemon juice, zest and agave/honey.
5. Assemble your tacos like so: chickpeas, mushrooms, kale, tomato/onion pico. 'Tis lit.