If I eat out one more time this week my bank account is going to call the authorities on me.
So with the intention of adulting, I made lunch today.
This uses hella simple ingredients that I keep on hand at the crib. I hope it's as tasty for you as it was for me. ❤️ (oh yeah it's vegan too)
1 cup of prepared black rice
1/2 cup of mushrooms from this recipe
1/4 cup of red bell pepper
1/4 cup of shredded carrots
1/4 cup of slivered white onions
1 cup of chopped kale
2 garlic cloves chopped
1/3 cup of Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce Original Takumi Collection (you can substitute)
1 tbsp of cooking oil
1. Heat the same sauté pan with the mushroom drippings over medium-high heat with the additional tbsp of cooking oil.
2. Add in the peppers and onions. Cook over high heat until they begin to brown around the edges. At this point turn the heat down to medium.
3. Add in the carrots, kale, and garlic. Cook until the kale is bright green and wilted. Turn off the heat.
4. Pour in the teriyaki sauce. Add the mushrooms back into the pan and toss everything together in the sauce until coated.
5. Serve warm over the black rice and enjoy.
*if you have a veggie peeler you can make ribbons out of fresh carrots by making strips lengthwise*